Skip to content
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 avocados, halved, seeded, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
For the Chipotle Cream Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Olo’s chipotle paste
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Pinch of salt
- To make the chipotle cream sauce, whisk together sour cream, chipotle paste, garlic and salt; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat.
- Season avocados with salt, to taste.
- Working one at a time, dredge avocado slices in the flour, dip into the egg, then dredge in the Panko* crumbs, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add the avocado slices to the Dutch oven, 5 or 6 at a time, and fry until evenly golden brown and crispy, about 1-2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately with chipotle cream sauce.