Chipotle Tomato Soup
Yield: 4 Servings
Active Time: 20 minutes
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomato puree
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Olo Foods Chipotle Paste
- Melt the butter in a large pot and add the chopped onions. Cook until translucent, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the flour to the pot and stir. Let the mix cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent the flour from browning.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes
- Add the tomatoes, the tomato puree, chicken broth and sugar to the pot and stir all together. Cook the soup over medium low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt, pepper and chipotle paste to the soup and stir. Cook for another 5 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Use and immersion blender or a stand blender to puree the soup until it is completely smooth.
- Serve while hot or freeze for a later date!
-If you like your soup even spicier, add more chipotle paste to your individual bowl (that’s whats so great about having chipotle paste conveniently in a tube!)
-To make the soup a little richer, add 1/2 cup of cream at the end of cooking. If you do opt to add cream however, he soup will not freeze well so eat it right away!